ResourcefulSelling is delighted to consider guest blog posts that are informative and authoritative.
To enable sales leaders and salespeople to become ResourcefulSellers by giving them the information, guidance and tools that will allow them to devise ways to handle the myriad of issues that arise both daily and in the strategic long-term.
Who reads us
Our audience is made up of executives, sales managers, and salespeople. They’re looking for sales insights, ideas, how-tos, etc. to help them become better at their jobs and increase sales. Every time we publish a new blog post, we email them a link.
Submissions must meet ResourcefulSelling’s quality standards in order to get published.
Here are our guest post guidelines:
- Be original, unique, and never published before.
- Be interesting and well-written
- Be authoritative and credible.
- Please avoid being self-promotional in the body of your article. Save that for your author bio.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog afterward (it’s that whole duplicate content thing and Google will penalize us both if you do).
- We reserve the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- We reserve the right to include calls-to-action to ResourcefulSelling content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, interactive training and other content.
Editorial content can use a mixture of these approaches:
- Conversational tone. Speak to readers as equals.
- Straight-forward, fast read, plain English
- Give perspective
- Relate content to real-life situations
- Help, not lecture
- Have a sense of humor when appropriate.
- Don’t be afraid to break the rules, think outside the box.
- Tell stories
- Provide helpful lists and how-tos
- Be personable
1,000 to 1,500 words is our target. But quality of the post is a lot more important than the length.
Areas we focus on:
- Account Management
- Sales Calls
- Sales Coaching
- Sales Development
- Sales Enablement
- Sales Management / Leadership
- Sales Operations
- Sales Pitch / Presentation
- Sales Process
- Sales Psychology
- Sales Recruiting & Hiring
- Sales Reporting & Metrics
- Sales Strategy & Methodology
- Sales Training
- Social Selling
Before you write your post
Email John Walston at john [@] resourcefulselling.com a short proposal or outline of what your piece would be. We don’t want you to waste your time on something that won’t work for ResourcefulSelling.
Please submit a Bio
We will need a short bio (2 or 3 sentences at max) for you and a photo. Please include a link to your blog and/or Twitter handle. We can’t get too carried away on the links. Google doesn’t like that.
Last minute housekeeping
- Submit your posts in Word.doc formatting.
- Credit all sources, assets and use common sense.
- Charts, graphs, data visualizations, or anything else that adds value or clarity is encouraged.
- Articles are subject to our editing.
- Send your finished guest post to john [@] resourcefulselling.com